Saturday, January 23, 2010

post 23 january

justwrite 2223 january

imagine the scary tearing out of bread from the middle of the loaf I hope I can last past the part where the crust caves in I will sink and I will swim through this hurricane of jello the fellows tossing mashed potatoes will have to wait outside I cannot hide my disdain for those names that cannot be read aloud the shrouded in mystery histories the piling up of adjectival phrases the ways in and out of fireworks of doubt proud to turn your head out the window to winnow your way away from the stage two minnows waiting in the wings ready to bring the noise but all I can tell you is how well you will think of this in the future how easily you’ll make those jumps pump that ball full of air and shoot through hoops that aren’t even there we will fare well we will smell our triumph and now our dinners being given away I cannot play that game much longer I have stronger habits like sleep and the deepest of these is love I am shoving aside closed eyes to catch up and I am cupping my malt full of milk shaking up the tasty silt spilling no tears crying for no fears like these just please and thanks stored up in the tank and ready for their turn politely and the like

No comments: