Thursday, January 21, 2010

post 21 january

justwrite 20 january

go to sleep now little bits of paper fall from the sky piling up into texty piles the while you startle the morning will come and strung along in letters will be memories you never had you will gather them together the bouquets the ways you stay together and keep your mind intact a stronger impact winking at the stars tarring all the feathers into one great bird absurd in its flightlessness but quite a mess to be reckoned with I am helpless in my own surprise while the eyes dawn wider the morning quite tidier and surprising on the horizon as the captain distracts his sacred purpose toward an unrehearsed destination there is a diner and the pie is on fire the coffee for hire I can not tell you how thoroughly I appreciated that show that growing need to succeed has been fading I am waiting for the perfect purpose to present itself warmer than the shelf on which fresh bred rests I am testing the diction the pronunciation a fascination with accuracy a tree growing in the night while the birds sleep in on its nested shoulders waking up closer to the clouds allowed to smile aloud at last lest the sun change its mind you’ll never take mine but there’s time to twine those ropes those hopes there are twenty-three letters in that alphabet spelling out what’s next but there is time to read it later for now I am dancing in someone else’s mirror wondering what’s clearer through that other window shivering a little as the floor heats up and the ceiling cools down right beside the blinds I can see it all I can call out for credit and I can spend it like cash I can catch the trash and give it its own parade set up an umbrella to make shade and tickle a picnic under its red and white chin beginning again with watermelon and tricky felons carried off by ants entranced with their novel appeal ready to write a book about that long black line

justwrite 19 january

unfortunately disinterested splinter-fed instead of soothed with the honey the youthful truths setting free calamity and other janes plain enough to plan bluffs and toughen up the rougher edges I was climbing hedges all the time when I knew how to line my eyelids but it’s true I did not it’s true that I caught my teeth in the doorframe and had to shuffle off hurriedly before anyone got my name there are arrangements I am unwilling to make pies that I wish I could bake shepherd’s or absurd alternate suggestions we are teaching lessons that don’t need to be learned we are lighting fires with wood that won’t burn and also with matches snatches of other conversations with questionable destinations the festive rights and the leftbehind chimes I am climbing up the clocktower and helping myself to seconds I am hesitant in the celebration of my own hilarity for often there’s some disparity between the way I see things and the surprises my dreams bring like last night pressed tight between too many blankets meaning two a thankless pile of distractions kept my mind from calming no balms to be had in those glad hands no command of the language damaging solace call us and we will give you directions we will stress our protection is unlimited I have not been to the other side of the street I cannot meet myself coming I am humming in interrupted chords we are ignoring the answers we had hoped to find the lines I will take will belong to myself only I am feeling lonely in the sense of potatoes the way things go I cannot accept responsibility please forgive me for my space I am chasing the tale worth telling I am smelling the dinner before it cooks and the dirty looks I give myself in the dark hearken back to some kind of sense I cannot mention what I thought you said but let’s just let it be as the barking tree climbs up the wrong dog and the white house gets build out of Lincoln logs the boggy firths turning bad to worse with their vocabulary fiascos glowing neon in ridiculous array

No comments: