Friday, January 22, 2010

post 22 january

justwrite 21 january

I am eating the pie that turns out to be the sky and the crust rusts around the edges of my mouth the lips turned south for a closer listen glistening with the promise of berries and tea of the cooler kind you find dripping with sugar onto the kitchen linoleum I am leaning back into the rack onto the stack of letters I would like to write into one word the absurd belief that at some point all the joints will form one skeleton dancing like a chance made out of string pulled by bubblegum and hilarity I can not imagine a different ground beneath my feet there are two floors more and ice sliced on ground the rounder qualities pleased to find the bottom the throttle the full pull forward I am brushing the rushing trees out of the way as I play the harmonica backward with hurried air unwilling to share this seat this heat this back upon which I can lean there are miles in between but the greener the day the easier we play songs we wrote we will we build the future I have planned to send some numbers I am listening to all comers but the packages are racked with confusion the illusions of success bested as the words are wrested from my mouth I am waiting for a ring jingling into the wrong number I am tumbling ice cubes into unlisted phones I am chrome and I am shiny I am easily defined I am loosely aligned with goals I have whole rolls of bread but instead of a head I have a flowering cactus we distract ourselves from ease with breezes blown into our own cupped hands landing on our chilly noses blooming roses redder than chapstick cutting right to the quick and licking the tickling away

No comments: