Wednesday, January 27, 2010

justwrite 27 january

when I tell you how well your eyes compliment the sky I mean to say that there are no days that don’t call out your name there are no ways too same to be close enough I will call all those hours into account and will add up the cups of honey drizzled over the sunshine finding dandelion wine on the doorstep I have leapt into the ocean and still I am warm there are storms but they are far overhead the rain falls but stalls out midstream stepping between the puddles the muddled colors swirling into the earth we are first and we are last in the world the curled up flowers are taking their time their patience is mine and I am baking something fresh for the next chance the dance across the pages we fade in and out of parallel structure and the conductor doesn’t have to tell me twice my stop is only to go and yours I know will be found and kept closely in a pocket unlocked and easily shared where we begin again where we never stopped starting all the time imparting departing repairing caring whether and when and how and soon and there are moons a-plenty there are sandwiches to be packed up and the stars linger longer than the campfire but they tire as well and rest a spell we call day and the way through is beautiful too and the destination and the fascination and the growing stowing only what is needed and feeding off of internal journaling outthere exploring and what’s more in time the stories we will have to tell will fill wells of endless resource and we will drink of course deeply and we will dine on all we find fine all yours and all mine

1 comment:

jmv said...

your eyes compliment the sky
dandelion wine on the doorstep
we are first and we are last
stars linger longer than the campfire**

also, when I was a kid my dad made dandelion wine.