Wednesday, February 8, 2012

justwrite 8 february

The song I’ve had in my head all day is one I don’t really know the words to it’s in Russian and there are some clear lines but the rest twine themselves into twisted quirks that jerk me along upriver downtrodden some sort of direction in need of correction but now let’s say this I have finished an application I have been applying myself but I’m not sure if the facts have cracked open the case enough for me to climb through toward sunshine it’s well and fine to be optimistic and that I am it’s the path of least resistance at this moment but no doughnuts or other rewards are raining down if this dries out it’s a drought of confidence and I can see it just over the next ridge over the bridge and through the woods yes how did you think they crossed the river just because the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh that’s a different song entirely and I’m mildly amused to see the truth taken along such a path today a giraffe of the plush sort landed on my desk and what’s next is yet to be seen what’s to be has yet to have been but this is what the present tense is all about this is the trout shiny in the mirror the rainbows getting clearer every time it looks catching the light at the right angle a tight tangle of worry and we’re hurrying along the way a strong stay of execution order is on tap and we’ll clap if we have to but up until then we’re staying stern-faced we’re keeping it straight-laced up until the end the edge goes on cutting and if no one needs to smile then that’ll be the style we stick with we pick fish out of lineups and we choose to be eagles we play it off like beagles momentarily confused with bagels that’s okay they say as they waddletrot away we know you’ll come back for us some other day and I in this bizarrely constructed situation with little realistic information smile with teeth full of cream cheese and wish them farewell as off they go back into the nowhere just another danger of nonexistence how easy it is to be forgotten when you were only an image to begin with and an unexamined one at that

No comments: