Tuesday, February 14, 2012

justwrite 14 february

A jay just like doze a day just like those I thought about reading about when I wanted to write the nights that I was asleep and the dark waited outside I’m wondering about greetings and I’m meeting silence we’ve got to stop meeting like this I say and the silence says nothing which seems about right typical I say and again the same reply so let’s try again let’s start to trend toward sense I’m turning on the heat now and this is not a metaphor I’m cold and I’m done with spending excess shivers when I could be delivering on a self-sent commandment to go to bed early yes there are swirly drifts of drafts to-do laughs back in the mirror it’s clearer this time that the chance should be taken it can’t be mistaken too sparkly like a couch in flat brown that folds out but not now the sounds of assonance mauled about the time I thought I was saying something I fell in love with words again the sense of s and other letters the smooth caramel curves of collected goodness generous and fine like an unexpectedly sharp pencil with an eraser that works where this is not a simile of a similar sort on both ends though the middle is like and the middle is fine but what’s to be said I’ve led a good life up until this point and there are things I might change some scenes rearranged to make me look smarter or better yet be but I’m climbing the tree and the view gets clearer the sky gets nearer and we wonder why we climb and we shovel nickels and dimes back into our pockets we will not give up our cents and we will live in the present tense with an elbow into the future knowwhaddimean we’re clean and our shoes aren’t so bad the lists aren’t missing too many items and if you ask me I’ll fight ‘em all together the understated weather and the health department the greenbag grocer and the oral surgeon we have to take matters into our own pockets sometimes and even if we just worry them about a bit before tossing them out the grit stays behind and we find ourselves unraveling questions we gave away to others the novel finished two and a half months ago now has never been read and I haven’t even edited and tomorrow it’ll still be tucked away onto a different tomorrow’s shelf

No comments: