Wednesday, February 22, 2012

justwrite 22 february

If I had something else to say I would not have started like this there are departed thanks but the forward-thinking ranks march onto into and other prepositions not to mention the sideways directions we see as corrections crowd out the right angles and the wrong strangleholds emboldened by the wonder of worry the hurry past sense comes easily now I am ready to run and for the water to move I am done with wet feet and double socks the clock ticks elsewise and the numbers run out of time we wind ourselves and with the effort the word of the day plays itself happily one note in the song and the paradigm’s not wrong it’s just shifted and the double contractions I’d’ve loved to see there and the letter play one step down from wordwit I prefer is worth mentioning today it’s more fruit and also eggs the pegs aren’t square and if running from a bear in the forest I would be surprised because last week I told a group of sixth and seventh graders that I’d probably try to keep my head respectfully down and back away but today running seems like sense because who’d’ve thought they’d’ve mentioned something like that it couln’t’ve been anticipated and now we’ve doubled-down and quadrupled-up the number of times those apostrophes’ve aligned in that sort of action the contractions are increasing but nothing’s being born but awkward phrases that ought’ve been rationed out otherwhere and when we compare the reasons and the treasons of intellect we collect just enough facts to go around and the articles to be written will be smitten with a and an and the but what can you do it’s the language we’ve been dealt and we oughtn’t’ve judged too hurriedly that the last contraction would’ve been packed in with less time to spare who cares with the whats and the hows and the ifs and the nows moving forward we are to the everywhich side

No comments: