Monday, April 5, 2010

post 5 april

justwrite 5 april

the window is cracked and not broken just open and I am hoping to learn something we are all going home so the babies don’t need to cry and the cowboys don’t need to grow up we have supped on the best of the rest the leftovers are calling us to attention there are lessons and I am reading a book I am looking for those connections but all I can say right now is some of them are too obvious to acknowledge if you are sent to where your family lives then maybe that’s the point you shouldn’t disjoint yourself too far and you need to know where your roots are you ought to know when to take a taxi or when to wear gloves but it’s a labor of love to show off your stubbornness although what blissful disappointment to realize that’s what’s meant by ego oh no and yes we’ve guessed all the answers in advanced and we’ve practiced the dialogues and try as we might we can’t boss our way through the night air I’m glad the breeze is gone and the long morning ahead is my own instead of scheduled I’m wondering what the crying’s about I’m wondering why shouting is ever reasonable and I’m thinking more about strawberry compote that could be all I wrote but of course there’s scores more to say but not to keep too deep to dash like hopes cashed and sentences punctuated I am waiting for poetry I am steeped in tea I am wishing he and yes we know and no vino no fish just dishes that attract commercials to soothe and to sell and it’s just as well that only an hour or only ten minutes are in it because the roads are ready to explode with the exploration we have a fascination with impressing the neighbors and wondering how to savor our time but we find we simply need to eat faster and fend off disaster with extra helpings and offers of advice it’s nice to know it’s easy to grow love

justwrite 4 april

waking up I didn’t need to sleep any longer but the stronger my belief the longer I was awake and the stakes were much higher than fire jumpers would allow for I can store so many facts your files would collapse in on themselves our elves are tired creatures climbing up and down that tree and eating all the cookies they can make which reminds me that I baked but I never saw the eating and I’m feeding suggestions into the box but the rocks do not a castle make and the tomatoes are fond of salt that shakes reasonably we are free to make our own decisions but here we’re encouraged to examine traditions and collisions of the kind you’d refer to as a coincidence if you didn’t know the difference and I say and you pay for different tickets but the road that brought me here had something to say and it may be that I’ve already understood but probably it’d be good if I believed it too such a universal truth you have travel far to find it but the future purpose behind it I can hardly tell which is just as well because now the very words change on my tongue and I am undone but then fed and tucked into bed and I’m not cold I’ll make bold as to advise you in advance on the off-chance that you’d ask

justwrite 3 april

driving through i am not driving but you know what i mean there are scenes seen through that aren't as you'd have imagined tragedies notwithstanding we are handing ourselves over to our former hopes suddenly finding my mind remote from the pen i scold it into place again with a boring line roughly defined and craftily designed to strike a different chord to afford a new truth i have eaten three kinds of cake today but not more than one western slice it's a nice idea those angled layers and i savor suggestions like sideways lessons in and out of cases and conjugating spaces that ought to be left alone i am not phoning home alone because that was a bad movie and the truth is no one would believe such lies disguised as well anyway bored with such an allusion i prefer to return to the truth in its current form a norm somewhat unexpected though i'd directed my mind to be blank there's more in the tank than i'd expected and no more miles to go before i sleep they creep up on us these hours planting flowers in momentary hours i am watching a film that has yet to end in my mind but really it's a book i've finished that wants to go on past the end of the world as it's unfurled in this retelling i am feeling the light on the other side of the door and what's more the chickens are licking their lips in anticipation appreciation the fascination they have with human activity rivals the attention paid to babies and cats i have an idea so that's the end of that

No comments: