Wednesday, April 7, 2010

justwrite 7 april

justwrite 7 april

the slowingdown takes no one by surprise except those who are already so far gone that idioms have no meaning we are gleaning sense from the fifth dimension and not the movie there’s a strong retention of facts in the collapsing acts of the third scene I mean the other way around excuse me while I touch the ground with my forehead or write a thank-you note instead in fact I am retracting any other plans and scandalizing a nation by professing a belief in complete human divinity the schism we see between coincidence and plans I will buy into this text and we’ll see what comes next like let me tell you when I didn’t answer my phone a few times and then I told a friend who’d had hers stolen and the next day I lost mine if you don’t see the connection here’s another more direct one today I didn’t answer my phone it was an unknown number and I was in a concert and there were three calls and I turned my phone off at the intermission a message I had been missing was from a friend of a friend who was stuck in the city and needed a place to stay but by the time I’d called to say I’m here I’m sorry he’d already hotelled himself and wouldn’t you know by the time I got home two hours later my key had been left behind and I had nowhere to be and if you don’t use it if you don’t appreciate what you have and other versions of the same story but I have a new phone and I will try to answer it and I’ll take the chance that it will help and I’ll reach out a little farther and I will do my best to be a sister to every girl scout and in other ways to live by the girl scout law

No comments: