Wednesday, April 14, 2010

justwrite 14 april

I have other ideas in mind I planted a typewriter and out grew a wheelbarrow which is not to say it wasn’t red but the white chickens were raining instead of water and it was somewhat inaccurate as a scene and if I hadn’t seen the script in advance I wouldn’t have had the chance to correct it or at least for it to occur to me to correct it which is to say I left those two roads diverged as they were and that has made at least part of the difference we should all go to bed early and wear purple and red hats or perhaps cats and foxes in hatboxes as well but only while on the bus because they’d fuss if left inside for too long and who’s strong enough to disagree we are free and easy but we charge as well we are swell and yelling softly because those sticks are a little too big for carry-on I am strong-arming my way through to the other side of the window I would rather be looking in because looking out is to have doubts but to look in is to know where you’d like to be and to see this all set up in easy relief is simple grief to tell here’s a topographical map of what doing well looks like and it’s a quick right and two lefts collecting in the bottle of the teacup which turns out to be a mug which is easier to hug close and to hold in the most soothing of ways praying and pretending for neverending honeylemon steam to stream down my throat all I wrote and all I’ve been so far packed into a car driving in the other direction but in this distance I can see trees growing and boats rowing in a non-passive voice they had the choice but the rowers appeared steering clear of awkward syntax and action without charge being taken of it we bluffed those listeners we are missing our quiz shows and we know no ill winds we blow good bangs out of our faces and trace chase routes around the block this is where we compare our notes and debate the suitability of purple thumbnails and argyle snails living in rainbow whistles these are the thistles and also the shamrock stocking up for the coming sunshine season

1 comment:

jmv said...

white chickens were raining instead of water
foxes in hatboxes
who's strong enough to disagree
simple grief
teacup which turns out to be a mug
argyle snails!