Tuesday, April 13, 2010

justwrite 13 april

there’s good news and it’s nothing to snooze about we are cruising for trout looking us right in the rainbow it’s a green beret parade but it’s a little red corvette that’s bet its wheels on the next steal in the market the bulls and the bears the Chicago and Chicago we are rooting for the same change of scenery the meaner we get the harder we set our teeth to grind and if you don’t mind I’d rather just guess at what’s left I’d rather just test my hypothesis on the normally ground round it’s the strongest density the meanest tensity of the rope I hope you think that’s a word because I’m moving on anyway the noodles and the butter the sunshine and the utterly defenseless way my throat croaks out the drought is yet to leave the sun and the rain all the plain recollections the record collections the split-apart words serving up splinters and the glint in your eye makes the sleep in me sigh and ache for attention we are giving what we can we are handling the strands and braiding them back together whatever forever the never we wish the always we know the toes and the lines and the feeling too fine for metallic voice traffic I am tired of the muscles I am wondering where the hustle will ever fit back in approved as it is as used as it is to earlyup mornings and downforthecount nights we are bright in our attention and the dates and the mentions I am listening my shoulders are folded into disappointment or perhaps pleasure there are measures I cannot take and split into notes the beats go on and the beets are sugared baby the way we wish we want we were we are we three kings of orient are never going to make it to the end of a sentence given as a reward or perhaps as a punishment for the fun you sent in a package the wracked brain the plain spinach twisted into wrists and vanished like soup in the night

No comments: