Wednesday, December 30, 2009

post 30 december

justwrite 30 december

there are scores being kept there are more than four and on and on the milk goes out for a drink and never comes back takes a blink in the back corner and turns away all comers I have been counting those numbers and they don’t add up there are suppers those pups have not yet doggedly avoided there are kittens catty-corner from those dormer windows those gables unable to see anne from the isle the aisle for walking down the talk of some town and the baby of some neighbor all for cooking garlic all for keeping up with the jones family robinson the swiss pile of chocolate the banks the holding tanks full of thanksgiving and also of cranberries and while I am wary of the implications I find fascination in those united nations of cans those jars with their lips open wide and ready for summer I am pickled with delight I am frightened to joy of fruit the boiling sugar surprise eager for these eyes to eat whole and my soul will grow strong with rivers of songs but mainly of apricots and also of strawberries I am ferried across this frozen gray stream by a glimmering green dream a golden weaving of warmth I will stretch across the window to see how it catches the light and delight is yours for the sharing we are wearing our garlic smiles tonight but we are also imagining tangerine clouds down the hallway slipping out from under glowing doors full of the plunder of holiday

No comments: