Sunday, December 27, 2009

post 27 december

justwrite 27 december

when I see that I want to rhyme remember I want to chime tender leaves greener than the courtyard as it melts there is asphalt now and below the snow there is space for basketball not all pounding is on a rug not all shrugs are sweaters and the better off the roundabout the softer the pout turns to be the rice and the cheese and the mistaken pleas are wheezing their way forward a smokestack attacks the brighter colors and wipes the dirt away lets winter have its say and again and the fire doesn’t work but the crackers keep telling how it is and it’s big and the wig doesn’t fit and the stockings are brown but on the other side of town there are languages that make sense more than phonetically to me but it’s not a competition there’s something missing and it’s not space there’s more than a trace of that more than a stance to dance with shoes off onto the couch and slouching into nonverbal hurdles I am tripping over my flippers again and the sand is caught in my ears I am too awake to hear how many hours I have to sleep and is twelve too deep to measure how should I spend such leisure and where are those priorities deploring fleas and imagining trees with caps on all along the mulberry bushes the jellies and the jams on the freshpicked hams there are piglets in the freezer and monkeys in the cupboards and I think I’ll stick with soup

No comments: