Thursday, May 20, 2010

justwrite 20 may

well when you look at it that way there’s a whole bale of hay staying in place keeping the trace of a smile playing on grassy lips the slipdown sunshine twines its way through the thick air the moist fair day leaning back on two chairfeet the richer for the view unobstructed by construction we are functions of our own designs I have chimed the bells I have lifted the smells from the bakery no fakery of scents the sense long since drawn away sketched into another milieu and spelling you must forgive try to be bigger than a trigger finger you know better than that you don’t need that hat to see the stars you need glasses we can’t imagine past just take your time we are drifting we tend toward summertime icebergs caught in the same glass outlasting soda and pop and dropping from the top to the clinky bottom solving problems with draining one and then the other it’s a blunder often repeated if I said oft I’d sound conceited and so I’ve defeated by own sense and what I meant is lost in the melting deepfelt introspection aloud also allowed are other comparisons tangential or otherwise I’ve got all the time to listen lend me your ears your aches your pains I can’t complain too loudly at the sound of my own voice we are rejoicing for the weekend we are diving into the deep end and pretending to see the bottom look it’s so close you can reach you can touch fingers lingering longer into the glassblue water the pool of a thousand public red-eyes the surprise of chlorine and its glorious cleanliness next to the grass of the neighborhood the should have will be misdirected corrections of tenses we are the imperative we are tending toward merit-based rewards but the shores are full of books and not letters the cooks are steaming open hope and frying other more concrete artifacts and if you’re taxed in the interpretation remember there’s a rebate coming someday someday soon

No comments: