Wednesday, May 19, 2010

justwrite 19 may

it may not be the yogurt it could be the devotion of an ocean of oil keeping the fire from the food the rude distance burned with learned enthusiasm I am sorry to have to tell you but this truth must be set free a caged bird having heard a new song and wanting for words to sing along I am strong enough to talk to myself and interesting enough to invent unexpected answers I am a dancer but without movement visible to even the most naked eye I have baked a pie I will eat alone and there is no phone that can call this far there is no guitar I will play with these teeth let us eat and let us wait for the rainbow growing from a backward storm before and after the signal flickered we waited for the tickertape but there was no parade just wading through the weeds and feeding ourselves to the lions warm and deceptively docile in their den and so we head forward into the dark golden depths I am regretting what comes next but there’s no way to skip ahead instead of behind I am timing my balance with the shoes I used to wear they were never silver but they were often black the track stretched out before me there were no keys I couldn’t reach with my long arms extended up-ended and bold I sold my eyes and then I bought my ears at a pawnshop with a lawn that wouldn’t stop I kept my toes and my fingers but I lingered when it came to elbows the knees I wouldn’t need if I were to learn to fly a helicopter straightup I would smile with surprising force and the sideways glance here tells me I owe it to you to tell some truth that will help that will melt my own ice cream but give you a chance for another try a new scoop there’s a strategy but I can’t reveal it all in one serving because I haven’t got all the clues I’m not as deserving as all that and a matter of fact is not in my opinion worth delivering as if it were as if the fir is only a tree and not some animal shivering without its self

No comments: