Monday, April 23, 2012

justwrite 23 april

Although the urge to start in the middle of a sentence is strong I’m resisting it I’m splitting it like adam’s atom anatomically correct and direct down the middle we’re fiddling with our wonder and plundering the odds I’ve scrambled enough eggs for that theory to have legs and eat them too the frogs and the inspiration the backtalk and the condensation if I quit everything else I could run every day I could fold into the couch with a cool cloth and closed curtains a certain sort of debilitation cancelling out all conversation all casting calls stalled no one’s being hired on this short list it’s a stork a fist and a shopping cart all in the middle of the room so round ‘em up and count to the top it’s a roving sort of command and if you land before you fly then there’s better luck next time get on up and do that get flat and flattered we matter and we take our cues from useful sources we ride our own invisible horses let’s take turns let’s earn what we keep let’s leap over curbs the absurd way we plunk goals down front when we could just be eating corn from the can and shaking hands with space the race to get to the end of the designated lane the parking the quarking and all the missing science the defiance in faces the waste of the chases for the steeples when we find they’re sitting still and the people all inside yes I’ve seen that scene before and I’ve been six as well let’s smell the air and catch up what’s for dinner downstairs unaware it’s always onions and the stunning exchange rate makes me crave whateverelse other than the table’s own suggestion let’s teach ourselves lessons and follow them too while we woo our better futures and tempt them with likelihood we’re being good and smiling large in separate columns and yes I kept running up that hill today which plays in my mind plenty more dramatically than reality allows in this version cows turn to watch in wonder and my face isn’t as red

No comments: