Monday, April 2, 2012

justwrite 2 april

With the weather heather gray and clouded like glass the kind caught in the waves I’m saving sense for another day there’s got to be a way I can make these add-ins add up I am cupping my schedule gently in my hands and it rushes out the sand the time the hourglass classes all mistaught we’ve bought and sold our own tea towels and the cowards make their sheets tighter all the time if you know what I mean if you’ve seen what I’ve screened you were part of a small audience the crowds the masses the alabaster glasses and the bubblegum turtlenecks it’s good for an exercise but I’m surprised to find that anyone’s reading if you’re heeding your senses I can’t help but mention you have better fish to fry and bigger noodles to nudge can’t budge when there’s a hippo on the counter can’t wish that the sentence came off stronger just a longer sort of lean and a monkey with ice cream catapulting wishes with the lion’s share of dishes all crashing down all tossed around where the apple cores are off the menu and the pumpkins are on fire I’m tired of this sensemaking this cake-taking and all its ingredients its expedience befuddles me and I’m troubled to see the angels all are advertisements it’s another surprise meant to make us buy make our eyes run dry and shake our heads at dust if you must bring it up I’d rather wait outside there’s a groom and a bride but the horse is made for one and the sun keeps setting while the moon’s still forgetting its lines every night a new chance to dance forward and not look the other way but from the other side of the sky there’s a safe grace period no one needs to know about the tension and the doubts between these two anybodies as the float through clouds and origami stars folded like paper cranes tossed up in measured frustration as the fruit cakes wait their turn

No comments: