Thursday, April 19, 2012

justwrite 18 april

And now I would like to fashion myself as an unreliable narrator I will tell the story and you will believe me we will carry on this way happily until clues pile up you yes will brush them aside yes you the sweet believer the golden retriever in the park happy to scramble around and fetch everything into place with a wagging tail but true yes the facts will appear and the cracks will be clear you will doubt what number and the name of the neighbor’s dog it’s true these are pieces that cannot be done without and you will guess at what else isn’t just right I will insist that everything other is fine and I’m sorry but still you will check under the bed and write down names like spelling words on careworn index cards my darling I will say come along and I will feed you what you’ve been missing the details blissful with juice and usefulness as you color in all the numbers humming with crayons and peanut butter sandwiches my dearest we are heading down the street with its goldenrod houses you once thought were cream but this is the clearer view this is the wonder you were not ready to see and you’ll shake off the sweat of sleepy afternoon and breathe deeply afraid to doubt such beauty I will tell you I will take you by the hand and you will cover one eye with the other you are dancing but forgetting the words and the clock doesn’t speak our language come along my love my reader my believing one and we will head deeper into the night as I tell you the stories of the stars and I play a guitar made of madness and also of light the answers all irrelevant as the happenings unwind the conflicts still divined by forked tongues speaking what you’re seeking and watering well with weight with golden details and tying it tight with rainbow strands we are demanding higher standards and we are answering ourselves we are carrying on

No comments: