Sunday, May 29, 2011

justwrite 29 may

the best-laid sandals walk off scandals like nobody’s best pajamas it’s a game no one plays better than those who sleep through the starting bell and swell with attention and importance right in the middle of the third quarter oh here I am and square you are I’d like to tell you all the riddles but the answers come with questions the hidden dimensions the language lessons no one can anticipate the twists of fate fickle like sweet charity the disparity between winning and losing cruising over the Danube and snoozing to lose picking up clues and setting down clowns SHARIKEE is the word I’m trying to remember from the bus hours ago and it’s true I forgot and it’s an easily bought attention or maybe just rented but either way spent in thoughtless pursuit comparing cahoots I’d like to be in and sinking in swimsand before I ever get to the shore what’s more is less and the quarrel rests in the mouth of the beholder we smolder and attention lessens that’s one of many lessons I’d rather be teaching too easily reaching into the heart as the departing pieces are snatched out the doubts that replace lace everything up tight but some bits are missing some shiny glistening edges left raw this is when I decided to realize there are other dreams and if those that seem so crucial in pop songs can go wrong than what else could be better what in other weather seems worth shining for even as rain pours and the yoga moves I can’t do all press through my bones and up against fat where muscle could be at and rounding corners that ought not to be if it were up to me and of course it is then we’d fizzle out what we like and raise up what we want we would grow tulips and say our pieces beautiful bloomings of language wrangling ideas and letting them go glowing sunwise over our heads

No comments: