Friday, May 27, 2011

justwrite 27 may

but then when I realize I’m not writing I have nothing to say about it there are no words to describe herds of thoughts having bought more days and now straying far from the path catching and collapsing heaps of sheep meryl and otherwise I’m disguising my voice but you can always tell by my words how absurd these sounds appear to be so clear to me so dense and unmentionable if I make cookies that are also brownies who will know the difference and who will know the sameness it’s with lameness I rearrange my thoughts to lay down on the cots of narrow lines roughly defined by the margins enlarging ideas and rumbling fingers onward too awake to sleep deeply until the morning comes again and strums a hand over uneven chords fording various rivers and letting other levees take some time off take a load off for the scoffers are eating up the wheatfields the high yield and the open fields stretching out to elsewhere there’s an uncaring police brigade and a mayor up for a laugh carafe of grape juice in hand and standing in the middle of the square wearing yellow socks the school of hard knock-knock jokes laughing as the smoke signals its own distress pointing out the fire from whence it came but making more of a name for itself in the sky in the wide-open paradise that is blue with clouds you’re not allowed to live there but you can swim in the deep end all day long you can pretend what you like and ride your own bike like in that song that kate likes so much and clearly I like it too or I wouldn’t do something like share it I’d fare it well elsewhere but in this case an heiress of many colors not too rich on numbers the up and comers the bystanders the passers-by and other such group the watchers but not in the singular capitalized sense that’s much too intense to think about and I doubt I’ll deal with that situation any time soon I’ll just hope that by noon of some distant day it’ll play out without me and I’ll be free of needless concern completely unearned maybe bought by a smile but it’s just a vague style I’ve adopted in lieu of the alternative which doesn’t give much of anything to anyone and I’ve come this far in such a way and I plan to stay mostly the same in the smile department anyway so hopefully that shopping will be done elsewhere who can compare any other angle without trying there are too many degrees to add up and not enough separation

No comments: