Monday, May 23, 2011

justwrite 23 may

just now I was thinking of being asleep but a deep breath an inhalation of carbonated dreams steamed sideways these flowers towering over nothing more than a glass high have capsized my attention there are multiple dimensions but I cannot keep up cannot spill the cup though just an open window letting in the dark air the cool where the rain used to be and may return again standing stranded awkwardly tired wondering when the nightchatters will make it down the road home wondering about the price of flour and also where the neighbor lady goes when everyone supposes it’s vaguely indecent but there’s just no recent evidence in her defense she might be visiting an elderly neighbor but it’s nicer to savor something rich and gossipfatty enough to suck on like a hollow tooth the usefulness of such a situation leaves little to the imagination meaning there’s nothing more than storage space being filled with such ills but again a turn and I earn a whiff of bells ringing whitely against a black window filled with half-glanced reflection a collection of light angles shot from across an empty room quiet but for the typing for the breathing of my computer the murmuring women outside and did you see what she was wearing always judging and nudging similar opinions from others and am I judging too or did I hear truly these words it’s absurd to imagine I can understand more than a handful of elegant turns the phrases earning their places in my daytime world hardly swirling slowly enough to call any bluffs to toughen any stuff we ought to pack in there’s a track grinning blankly back at me and I am heading again toward the gravel road exploding into angled ankles there is no way else to go and if I should even suppose that such a rose could grow then I’d have to take into consideration the probability of thorns born of such foolish imaginings the tragedies the sleeping please catches up and draws me away a fairly plausible sketch poured from a well and into an eyesclosed elsewhere

No comments: