Sunday, October 3, 2010

justwrite 3 october

ready before the ship sank to refill the tank with something else some health and some success messed up with a scramble of eggs growing legs and running off coughing to a different angle trying to strangle a new lead freed and released caught and re-bought we’ve taught new dancers old tricks and something with the hat makes it hockey trolleys and broomsticks picking up the pieces we are entering the library firing all the maids in the dairy and asking for chocolate instead we’ve led ourselves this far and it’s a car-ride to hide and a trainstop to walk off there’s a track but a code I can’t crack has got all those eggs begging to be sent back we can’t counteract what we can’t understand but that doesn’t mean we can’t demand that doesn’t mean we’ll receive but we try and we believe something in that direction something with uncertain correction I am trying but only halfway on some days I am flying out from the earth the worst of the best and the rest of the tests to pass just laughing from a distance I have little resistance to those sentiments and they overtake like waves saving files in hasty piles and wondering when the crash will come but today it’s sunny and the team last night tied colder than inside but not much different the leaves calling all those ground balls calling switchup pitches in a game I don’t understand nobody wins but everybody goes home and breathes out and calls doubt back and says no thanks maybe tomorrow for tonight I’ll take fireworks instead I’ll have ready that book I’ll have exchanged that look for fresher currency I can reuse those blues in another rainbow choose your stance learn your dance by heart and play the part you’re writing keep fighting but only battles you want to win you sink and swim at the same time and that’s just fine if you’re not trying to get anywhere but from here that’s not quite what I have in mind at this time

No comments: