Monday, October 18, 2010

justwrite 18 october

guess who’s coming to win an academy award not this one not any humdrum daily grinder that’s a sandwich a submarine an underwater loaf with toppings hopping topside we’ve got to ride this one out we’ve got to doubt our other callings and stop answering those area codes just explode your way through the sauce a sloshed recipe keeping it together and boiling over the cover gets thrown and the relief is homegrown a pitcher and a catcher no matter how mad the hatter the flavor of batter I am penniless on this stress test I can’t pay off the weight it’d take to bake a cake of those ingredients an expedient trial might be the right way out but there’s a shout twisting up from inside easy enough to vaguely hide today but some ways there’s no play to quiet it down when the settling around the block keeps up the talk but I’m standing in the shower and wondering aloud I have got to keep that down no one needs to hear the neighbors needn’t fear that sort of a deal it’s a real steal but I can’t give it back it’s a laughtrack for some other show but for now it’s hard to go steady without a bit of that backlash every once in a while a trial with lots of evidence coming up begging to be presented and sometimes just unrelenting coming over and through item one item two or whatever it’s called the state’s evidence but the guilt is evident spread all over and rolling like a sea a freezing salt lake the great the bake the wakeup wondering and the can’t sleep blundering over the wrong memories and mistangled images things I never saw but can’t stomach anyway there’s a ferry over there ready for to load but it’s hard to know what to take it’s hard to rake up all the leaves in one pile and even if it’s a mile high when you jump in wonder why you thought you could keep it all together just one close look just one deep breath and your sucking down leaves grieving in a choking sound but there’s a town going on around and that’s the scenery that’s meaningful now that’s the cow to milk that’s the rightfeel silk keep it in the realistic the imagistic but what you can touch what Williams made out of that rain is plainer than the drops I see falling and all that calling needs to be something higher not sticking my hand into the fire to see what I can salvage for now just walk away and talk and say and think and if I was someone else I’d pray and if I was somewhere else I’d stay home and if and if but this is all there is

No comments: