Sunday, October 17, 2010

justwrite 17 october

retyping overhyping it’s the best the rest the test can’t pass the best can’t laugh in any clearer mirror I have got to say there must be a way to play off those cards to handle hard-to-answer questions with easygoing lessons down the other street there’s a neat set of boots with my name on them another strong cup of tea and these will surely belong to me I’ve got to pay those dollars and iron those collars thinking about not thinking about anything this is meditation in writing and when I close my eyes I see the space erasing itself filling its healthy breaths with color remember when I asked you to close your eyes and tell me what you see remember when there was only we and it’s not that good for anyone to do this but remember and keep bliss tucked in another pocket a locket that’s not locked a clock that won’t turn back but gives you a sense of some other track you’ve hopped we’ve stopped there are rainbows and clouds but today mostly puddles of light on the cross-courtyard building the flickering ripples as the serials hit commercials and the channels get changed the kitchen windows flickering as the plates get rearranged first you need and then tea and while we are talking about this there’s a bit of fish left over from lunch and some other flavors waiting for you there’s a library down the elsewhere and I can’t compare the number of words I’ve heard today with the number of minutes I’ve been awake there’s no discussion there’s leading to nothing from something and if I had a hammerhead shark I’m not sure where I’d keep if but if I picked up the kitten in the hallway I think it’d go no small way toward keeping me entertained and warm there’s no norm unbreakable and that soft mewing’s unmistakable really it’s going to be snowing on that linoleum and at least I have some heat although what it’d like to eat and if it has fleas are questions somewhat beyond me so I am telling you all about this and it’d be quite easy to doubt this is some fictious situation but for your own personal information it’s quite real and I’ve got a feeling that soon this cat will have a name and it will be a star of near-daily fame but will I start to feed it and if so will it need to sit outside my door at all hours and more calling for me and needing me and what are you if you’re not needed anyway and does it matter if it’s a cat that’s doing the needing as if some other advice to be heeding would do the trick quicker being loved not shoved setting the example but no one needs to see that to take that cat as a metaphor stored up as a key to unlock what’s going on with me

No comments: