Saturday, March 27, 2010

justwrite 27 march

the best parts are the ones that appear in sudden collage the moments I open it up and breathe closer lean in to listen I find a road glistening with barelyrain and the plain is not to be found it is not spain or Kansas but a conglomeration of stations tuning in and out and doubts on varying frequencies washed away by the saying of what I see oh and hear from here it’s a bouncing turn of trumpet practiced jazzily from a seventh-floor window the way it used to be when I broadcast my own proficiency prodigiously for the entertainment of the neighbors and what’s more there’s a courtyard with a hard conversation and a frustrated gesture of what what and why do you always say even though I don’t know what he’s saying or how she’s playing hard to get or bet’s off scoffing in the privacy of the wide-open a basketball court or what’s purported to be one undone by winter but coming clean for easter the feastier days are about to appear and all those white signs bring us back to cleanliness close to the roasting of debris the free and the messy all tied up neatly we are discreetly cleaner and down around the corner back from the grocery there’s a broadcast service from inside of saint Nicholas or at least this church in his name all the same it’s saintly and the call and response with the reading I’m heeding but not following I’m turning into the tall buildings the apartments departing from modern design and retwining into an older era the interlocking parts switching melodies and offering echoes what can only be called somewhat unfortunate techno music booms into and dances through the reader the verses are lost and the cost is mud now it’s raining harder and the cards I meant to send have not yet been bought and the calls I cannot make on my undone phone mean so little the refridgerator I moved across the room and back into tetrislike confrontation with the oven and the window and the counter and the table then back when able to realize that it might have been there for a reason I am finding my own seasons in the moments the onion skins boiling along with the egg and the begging for light is sometimes answered better with sound

No comments: