Sunday, March 21, 2010

justwrite 21 march

in this world of ups and downs the one the shunned the light fantastic gymnast tracks mud all over the sky and flies jazzhigh in search of somewhere to land a magical place erasing yellowbrickroads off of an exploding map the explorers exposed the holes in the ozone and the flipphones all can’t be wrong the songs ringing down the aisles in trolleybus style cannot all be in bad taste I have erased the space that used to embrace me and I have replaced it with wide open the hope is this will not last forever there is a shiver no sweater can warm no mudbellied streetside dog can go wild miles before I sleep deep in fur the touch of something real a pleasant feel that is not simply my blanket wrapped tighter in the night there are spaces I cannot chase away even as I turn off the lights even as I let the phone keep ringing I am stringing along my ideas over and through the useful and past the last turn a racetrack counteractive to intelligence the time I’ve spent constructing this tower overpowered by ivory doughnuts today we are all Berliners we are winners of our secret soccer matches catching jazz balloons and puftaloons out of a fantasy tale there are ninety-nine and they are all red instead of zippers these boots have mouths we are flying south for the summer the winter and when I remembered how far away next year is I was shocked I had docked already in the pleasure of a visit and all the people in it but for now there’s time to plan there is time to slow down into each minute to be in it and to listen more closely I am toasting my own marshmallow sun the cannonballs are calling straight across the plains the plans too simple to work the grass too green to grow straight I am waiting we are collating all the pages and staging a rebellion quelling the noise and the lonely dark the space parked around where no one enters no hands no arms no close

No comments: