Tuesday, March 23, 2010

justwrite 23 march

I cannot tell you the truth fast enough but the tougher it is to listen the harder it is to fall out of place the shelves once held all the volumes in order but now they’re resorted in sordid disarray we play our own tunes ring around our own rosies we are riveted we can do it yes we can and the man the plan the canal can’t hold a candle to panama we are all we find entertaining in ourselves we have greater healthcare debates than our states allow the confusion pressed into illusions and baked into cakes makes mistaken travesties out of international scandal handling all the nickels with tickled pickles on the table the recipe unstable and filched from furniture-protecting in-laws see-saw the no way out doubt can’t stand those parking lots always with the white lines and the yellow and if one fellow gets it into his head to turn European or Japanese I really think so what and he thinks he’s got it going onto the roof and under the boardwalk down by the see you later swing by all those sweet chariots and we have talked about his recently and I know I said and you read and millions have misunderstood there are no cherries in this song I’ve always been wrong even while driving along those roads with the full family load along with apples and dappled cookiecrumb napkins trapped in between seats singing those words into sense and out of time through the lines along mountains and curving toward relatives it’s all relative it’s all warm air in a small space it’s all string cheese and carrot sticks and a box of triscuits I made biscuits in my sleep last night and when I woke up they were all gone probably because I ate them!

No comments: