Friday, March 19, 2010

justwrite 19 march

if all of the hearts and the smoke and the screens cleaned each others’ pipes we would forgive such tripe we would each eat our own melons and quell rebellions of the larger sort the cavorting will have to stop or at least it will have to be kept down there are crowns and there are drowning pauses wrapped up in clauses too stylish to be independent we can go our own ways we can save our own skins and bring the pieces back into a painted attack the colors are all numbered and the path seems longer than it was before the breadcrumbs not as tasty as I remember the last time we climbed this mountain we stretched across this Sunday afternoon park we were listening to the dark roll in and the calls of the whistling fish the darkling birds landing like moonlight on the water because where else could they land in such understated elegance it is the dependence on simplicity that keeps me from throwing more things up in the air it is the lack of proper prepositions that keeps the glistening scenes from coming too true to bother with when the menu went away and the food didn’t come I had to simply thank my lucky paper bills that I could pack my fill of crinklysugar peanuts and seedy rolls controlled by the most expensive cheese this walk home has ever seen my boots are too big and my tights are too tight and the light in the courtyard is reflected off of puddles in the middle we muddle our schemes for our leftover dreams the capitalized contents of a refridgerated misgiving I am using these phrases I am underlining each stage of the discovery process I am wondering who will come to class who will outlast the teaching of a subject we all already know and the show going on overcomes the tendency toward timidity I am ashamed I have hidden behind a name and a napkin and so slowly I’m adapting but I cannot be someone else instead still nor will i

No comments: