Tuesday, August 7, 2012

justwrite 7 august

Meanwhile the scores are being counted meanwhile I meant well but when my mouth opened a frown fell out meanwhile I am treading water and also sunlight the mosquitoes and stubbed toes meanwhile I am surprising no one with my inability to rest quietly meanwhile I am having a rest meanwhile I am enjoying the nature meanwhile the nature of man is not the nature of woman meanwhile women are naturally strong without asterisks the commercial tells me just a period meanwhile they do not mean to be funny meanwhile the cool kids are clinking drinks and making names out of colors and sounds meanwhile the hour is happy and everyone plays with different pieces but the same game meanwhile I have lost the board meanwhile I have locked my fingers in my ears and I cannot hear to keep up meanwhile my tongue is made of felt and the answers cleverly construed cannot be delivered meanwhile I have sharpened my mind and it has melted on the afternoon sidewalk meanwhile I am good at washing dishes and am considering this as a career possibility meanwhile I am remembering being told about being stifled by too many options meanwhile the same stifling can happen with too few options meanwhile I am up for adopting new means of transportation meanwhile the station is moving and no one has any tickets meanwhile I have lost the handdrawn map and my world is collapsing into passenger seats meanwhile I am contracting my abs and I am feeling it yes the muscles are responding appropriately though the longterm effect is unclear meanwhile I am bleary with inaction meanwhile I am thinking about the book I will write in November and wondering why it is so far away meanwhile I have no idea where I will be in November and if I myself will be so far away meanwhile I have an idea for this book meanwhile I am wondering if it’s my sixth and will any of them ever actually be published meanwhile I am moving on and my fingers are too slow for my head even when it aches as if I have to spell out every shape with slow determination and think it into consistency meanwhile the book will be about that dearest of countries to me other than my own meanwhile people will be wondering why I think I have something to say and why they need to listen meanwhile the book will be for people who don’t need to learn it will be funny but not comedic and clever but not overstated meanwhile it’s a good idea

No comments: