Saturday, August 4, 2012

justwrite 3 august

At odds at cross purposes I’m thrown off by the news that isn’t in my paper isn’t by my breakfast I’m stalling here I’m falling clear and free and easy does it into the recycling bin I’m thinking thin and thawing hot a mess of tendons yanked in no direction the corrections are unclear and the fear steers itself it’s not a problem to be alone there are plenty of thoughts to scatter toward that end and while the other loose ones get tied up the scuttle is but the end the means the screensavers slaving away over displays unappreciated hardly thought that through I know but when you see the dust swept away the metaphor crumble crumble you were saying when the confidence is all around and the mirror turns off there’s no reason not to stride forward unless of course you’re facing the wrong way and who’s to say and who’s to know I’ll blow hot and cold in this sort of an idiom a cliché a collocation and the reservations are under some other name laying claim to some other famous sort the way we all purport to know what’s going on to sing the reasoned songs I have written the notes the permission slips yes she may leave early yes she may wait outside during those awkward parts the greetings start and we’re all lost unless turned on in the right mode we easy-explode into the proper role enthusiastic and pleasant and really just quite friendly the perfect ambassador the representative and give me your applause I will stand and cheer as well and if I fell down it would only be a while before I rolled maybe under the bed maybe under the table waiting until things worked themselves out as they have a way of doing but really the brewing is a process too and it’s hard to guess you will take care of it for me as we can plainly see you my dear reader perhaps do not exist which is a path of thought I’d rather not travel down at this hour but anyway I’m sure you can see your own way out

No comments: