Saturday, January 7, 2012

justwrite 7 january

Piling on the smiles miles in the making we are taking the cake and serving it to guests we are the guests and the next best thing to serving is knowing what to do otherwise the broad grins and downcast not-understanding glances that imply more than what can be implied that attempt understanding when I’d rather be standing under the table is it a problem of language or of place of situation or of face there is nothing I have to say here and this fact is more than abundantly clear but I will listen and I will eat this salad this one without meat and here I am pleased here I am thankful and I make new promises to myself to be kinder to these to those who give to those who live sweetly by my side so far away these are the people who ought to be close to be these are the people in my neighborhood and what would mister rogers say what would all the advice-givers advise and the way I feel on the inside the straight-out signal with green light in the middle of the night holding my computer up in the window stretching past the lamp and the closed door signaling no more to the little ‘round-runner and his Barbie-loving sister we are the tantrums of tempers we are the burners to embers having a rest and taking time we are celebrating holidays and few days in between there’s remont there’s what you want even without asking and it’s a gift so you must and it’s from a place you can trust if you can open up your hand it’ll be placed right there and they care more than reason and it’s a season I can’t see ending even now with time to spare I’m cutting down days even as the long view shortens how will this ever be different and how can it stay the same

No comments: