Thursday, January 26, 2012

justwrite 26 january

Days past glassed over eyes surprised by tired fears fired up and burned crispy miss me and call back a big stack of reasons I could just roll over now there’s a towel and a halva bar and that’s all you ought to need plus water water everywhere and just not fair to all involved but it’s a problem solved by solutions no resolutions needed just grains and beans having heeded warnings the corn is on the cob and the answers all are clicking right along there’s a song I’d like to sing but I don’t remember the words the feelings too absurd to justifty the reasons why and the wonders what have cut through to the chase have erased the worries hurried off by more pressing matters the splatter pattern suggests that someone else did it that someone could have hid it behind a smile styled after confidence though the tendency is to freeze steps and slide down the chutes and ladders badder than grammar and dripping like a caravan drips rolls of wheels the feeling makes more sense than the words used to describe but if I had a chance to hide off-stage for a bit I’d hit that pitch out of view outta the park into the dark which warms like velvet a black painting by the roadside rustling as the paper dries startling me through the quiet and off at last to sleep

No comments: