Friday, January 13, 2012

justwrite 13 january

Today I’m interested in geometry in the angles we try and the proofs not quite in the pudding if I walk down this street at that time how many people will I know and if so who and will they do things like tell me to wear a hat or wave hello or awkward stop when there’s nothing to say can I play along nicely or will I trip and fall all over reason there are seasons here and now it’s fall now it’s winter and I am not discontent but I see the clouds I wonder aloud about the next stages the simple phases that logic suggests the coming of tests to pass and grass to walk over instead of lying in or laying in or sinking to swim yesterday murakami had his own birthday and without being profound I can easily say that each one’s a new a choice a chance an open road and that’s enough no leaning toward vaguery a plague on all those senses and workshops abhorring such stories the glories of concrete detail of the seat that squeaked all through lviv with nothing to be done but hope this is the one that goes to the vokzal the train station destination of a new route oddly computed to bring sense to a sensible system when the tourists come when the numbers numb on the lips of locals afraid to offer suggestions mumbling their confessions their lack of knowledge in a well-informed country these are the askers of questions these are the public talkers the man on the bus today sudden grandfather to the little girl behind him much to her entertainment and to the tolerance of her mother as well unexpectedly swell in a place where protection comes first and suspicion’s rehearsed from quite an early point a nose slightly out of joint and the chips and shoulders all set up we are dropping farther from the tree these apples a genealogical phenomenon that’s going on and cannot change the x-y range and the different sorts of axses calling out for taxis for easier escapes dropping out of touch out of time and the harder still to find when the dark rises fast that’s the past this is the future and the present can’t keep up the answer I’d give if asked would be stick to your task and leave me to mine think we’ll get along fine if we maybe just don’t

No comments: