Wednesday, September 15, 2010

justwrite 15 september

no it’s not boring my eyes are open but the flow is interrupted by my shoulders caving in on themselves into the window and out down three stories and to the ground ready to sink into the comfort of cool mud suddenly much warmer than reality there are answers there too and none of them need to be read right now let’s table this let’s floor that let’s scatter our rosebuds our seeds our needs and press them all into some other use some distant cabinet the neighbors thought they threw out here sitting in the corner of the living room giving room to so many hopeful shelfsitters the books the critters and the pieces ready to be displayed and just waiting for the day so it comes flung gently along like a song into the hallway the corridor and what’s more the super doesn’t see unlike the tv she had to investigate and that’s great but it’s late and part of this is not true part of this is see-through I have written five minutes two times already today once with teachers and once with students and students are ready to share and teachers are ready to listen to themselves this is a curse and I suffer it too this is unrehearsable and when the truth comes through I can’t help but read it and I need it to be set aside in some farther cabinet I cannot cope with dropping off hope on the sidewalk it keeps me warm my toes and ears the storms come you know and no snow could weigh me down so much

No comments: