Tuesday, September 14, 2010

justwrite 14 september

let’s take a few minutes to subtract to counteract the attraction of addition just listen I’m telling you we’re shelling new peas and the trees are still green although fall is coming although bees are humming songs turning browner toward molasses the cooling hitting a snag dragging in extra degrees turning off the freeze and suggesting shoulders and sandals and it’s hard to handle the offturning onputting waking up in the morning frozen by dreams of darker days and huddling into layers only to face a race won by sun and no one’s disappointed it’s pressing back the missing the thinking the drinking in deep revelations this is the state of the nation and it is not united these are my shoes and they are untied I have tried to find jeans and all I find are sweaters I have found two shirts and a tank top and also a belt but I felt certain today would be the way would play into view the truth out there and into a shopping bag but instead beets and uncertain carrots and yes vladik that is sour cream with the whining and the unfine time had waiting in line no one wants to be patient no one is quite complacent there’s a paved paradise under that parking lot barking to be bought at a higher price but tonight I’m going to bed early and the Russian revolution will continue tonight there are games being played on other screens but I’m turning them off tonight let’s face the onions crying I am trying to fry that stir I am trying to take that cake and bake it and once I’m through you have got to see where I am because then you can tell me you can fell me like a tree if you’ve got the recipe or a small tortoise without a name and a fuzzy owl with quite the same deal it’s the real thing but it’s not coke it’s not to sneeze at woody allen style it’s a mild form of hypnosis I think I can I know I will I am just fine and all goes well with occasional swells and the realizations set in but in the meantime just swim say the fishies and we do all day in the sand in the sun of a thousand remembered stories the ones our parents read and the ones we tell ourselves in sickness and in health and as the sun goes down

No comments: