Saturday, February 13, 2010

justwrite 13 february

when you have birthdays they are the first days of the rest and to pass that test is the best the west was won that way the states have their unions one nation underdivided we decided that was how we wanted the vaunted halls to echo the reflections of other places the faces watching through someone else’s mirror no nearer to the truth than an errant caboose off picking up some ketchup at the store and imagining no more than a few minutes would pass no leaving the tracks most times and there’s a reason you can see it in this season you can shine like air in the gold the kings of summer convenience the meanness of a stripe of yellow headed over heels in confeeling fuses I have to lose something to gain anything but it’s hard to pick it’s hard to stick your hand in the pickle jar and when those beautiful lights turn to music it’s all you can do to pick bread in a simple field the pretending doesn’t get very far but there are no more than a thousand meaning galore the options I have got to adopt a different sense of taste or face the waste of a century of hurried explanations to myself if it’s going to get better if it’ll be wetter after the rain after the spain will be planed or plainer to say will remain without an article of which I’m particularly fond I’ll just say I’ll play the piano in reverse I have no worse fingers than the other beginners but in the meantime the watch blinks the cat flinches loudly in the hallway and I am calling collect I am dialing direct there is a future but I can’t find the page there is a stage to reach but I can’t tell for the curtains I could be there already or still sitting in a seat for certain I should at least applaud although it’d be odd to discover I was alone and clapping for myself in the spotlight of a wondering night

No comments: