Monday, March 28, 2011

justwrite 28 march

we are talking we are walking through the paces we are changing our graces our silverware there’s no way to compare ashes to oranges or apples to dust we must entrust ourselves to the present there’s nothing left to give to the past and the future has no pockets we’ve locked it up we’ve swallowed the key and we’re wondering where the subject went the concrete tent I thought I’d build is easily spilled over by an abstract wind a wave that brings confusion and illusions of sense I thought I’d mention this I thought I’d steal a kiss from the window no pane no view no gain no truth we are shaking our teeth back and forth coursing like reindeer through the salad we are taking up ballads and singing them into our mirrors nothing clearer than that nothing I want in a hat could ever tell it all nothing like a ball to bounce with a story to trounce fits of remembrance I have a temperature I have a fir tree and a popcorn shoe I am telling you there are other ways to live but if there’s something you’d want to give for an ounce of gold I’d give it to him I’d swim it across the floss and into the books we’re looking for a miracle we’re already on the sequel and there’s no equal sign here no steer-clear jigsaw from all you saw and all you know the snow keeps coming and the buzzards keep humming with hard-edged lips sending their tips toppling and their stocks locked into barrels the bull marked it and the bear charted the tops the twenty the most likely to succeed in needed reasoning we are seasoning the salt we’re worth the earth that won’t grow we know ourselves to be self-evident and we are equal we are full of thoughts that will not sleep the monkey mind that keeps itself swinging bringing wonder to the plunders of the world the thunder that’s hurled itself with lightning-shy speed needs no answer takes nothing to task leaves nothing to chance and dances with one foot in the air until the tension falls again

No comments: