Monday, March 14, 2011

justwrite 14 march

I don’t know if you remember but there was weather once and we moaned and we had stones to throw but they fell back down from the air for some reason we cried treason but the seasons changed anyway rearranged steady gazes back and forth from north to secondhand bookstores the glorious dust that makes me sick the beakers of old encyclopedias cooking up something some old-fashioned facts we cannot relax even though our taxes are not paid we strayed from the theme slightly we go to bed nightly but even when our hair gets curled we’re waiting for the other shoe to be ironed I’m fine and how is your kangaroo how are the symbols we’ve nimbly avoided hurrying along just strong-arming the tin man and crowing over the lion there’s an assignment but I didn’t write it yet there’s an answer and a wet-bent used-up cigarette let’s redirect our attention let’s give cause for pause I am tired we are all fired and when I am hiring again I’m not sure I’ll let you know there may be no room to grow after all those renovations after all those saving nations the graces the manners the under-fire hammers and how can I say no to doves even though yes that’s what I mean and even though yes it’s not my scene to agree to such an awkward situation where I find no confrontation possible nor continuation plausible I will think on this I will turn that quiz off until I have an answer but in the meantime dancer is my favorite reindeer and other questions will take their turns earning interest we are delivering ourselves from health and safety we are taking matters into our own handlebar moustaches and we are riding bikes while no one’s looking I am cooking up a pot full of something else but I cannot taste last night’s dinner without shaking my head and wondering who and why and surprised by the results like swallowing somersaults and then misspelling all the contagious names jumping out of their frames and forcing their hot breath into your confusion this is an illusion and now you know this is a ticket and I’m going to the show this is a rooster and too soon we’ll hear him crow this is the ending and so now I have to go

No comments: