Monday, August 30, 2010

justwrite 30 august

it’s not heavy but it’s a steady light a bright fingerflicker licking the numbers off the ribbons smitten with letters and charging them fullblast faster than commas or comets the bonnets and their ribbons streaming behind roughly defining speed as the race to leave behind misplaced air fair or unaware forward in a different direction correcting for the waves and saving the graces subtracting the spaces and leaving behind the words I guess I knew I’d see a note I guess I didn’t know how it’d play how to pay off the scowls from the owls and the trees shaking their arms in a ghastly hula they knew better they wore sweaters when it was cold they were bold and they listened to the right music what am I supposed to say to that what can I come back with what is this meant to accomplish the wish comes true on its own the clown doesn’t always laugh in the mirror there are clearer ways to say these things and there are answers no one wants to hear we fear ourselves in focus and we lean out into the glare up to the fuzzy lights too bright for comparison the spin and the intellect collecting evidence to present I am making a case but I forgot the suit I am walking behind but I am afraid to call out I am afraid to see the face that will turn the tone of voice that is its own answer the chances are slim and the paper is thin the other news is so slight the weather the night all fade into cool columns trying to solve themselves in the background no one stands for it no one hands it to you no one fans an avalanche calling go go go and calling collect ready to recollect nostalgia remember when the pen and the paper and the lamb and the crater and the book and the savior of all these vegetables told another tale the maturity of these wines these modern times we are crimes against ourselves and we ought to be committed we are in catch and release programs but the release has been forgotten and the lease is almost up we are wandering into the open and the light comes on the tense shifts and our eyes lift upward and our bodies fall behind below and down

No comments: