Wednesday, November 29, 2017

29 november

This goes out to everyone having a diet cherry coke along with their Ghirardelli chocolate brownie with apparent chocolate chips. Makes total sense to me.

You might think I’m mocking you, unusually specific and yet not necessarily hypothetical friend. You’ll note here, of course, that a hypothetical friend is not the same as an imaginary friend. This one, at least, comes with a lot more specifications. This one, I’d say, has a better chance of being real. No offense intended to all you imaginary friends out there, wherever you are, exactly.

I’ve also learned recently that people don’t know when to take me seriously. You’re right, yes -- this isn’t exactly news to me. But I generally think I’m pretty clear. I am hopeful, at least, that people know what I’m saying, if not always exactly what I have in mind. Who knows what I have in mind? Not me. Nope. I don’t blame you for not knowing when I can’t figure it out myself. Hopefully my words will speak for me. Ha! See what I did there? Didn’t even see it coming. Yikes.

But. Not mocking. Not knocking. In this case, I’m being totally serious. Real as steel, as someone might say. I might say that. I just did say that. Technically, I wrote it, yes, you’re right. But now I’ll say it out loud. Just a sec.

Yep. I said it. There you go. Honestly. Done.

Don’t believe me? That’s just on you.

But. Really. I’m unafraid to talk to myself aloud, but I’m concerned you might not believe me. Insecurity? Yep.

Annnnnnnnnd now I’m done.

No comments: