Wednesday, November 22, 2017

22 november

It was cold this morning, but not like crazy cold. Tonight though, it's pretty chilly. According to my source, it's actually 37°. Actually. Honestly. And of course my source is Google. Is there another source? Of course. Hold your horses. Hold your sources. What if all of the sources were held by Google, and the rest of us just went to Google all the time? What if the same thing happened with Wikipedia? Wikipedia is now gaining prominence and relevance just because it's been around for awhile and because it's on, well, you know, the internet. I will admit to being a big fan of the internet, however I've seen the people who make it up. It's not always pretty. We started doing Facebook Live at work not too long ago, which prompted me to do some research on other Facebook Live shows. Of course, I don't really see any of those shows as our competition, however, as if there's only so much internet to go around? (What?) It only makes sense to see what else is out there. There’s a lot, is the answer. Our show is what I'd like to think of as a combination of tech and news and talk and improv. But yeah, a lot of the stuff that's out there right now it’s just crazy. I understand how popular crazy is, but really, I'd like to draw the line somewhere. We’ve watched the CEO of T-Mobile on one show, well I guess it's just once a week, but that seems like enough... Anyway, he does something like Slow Cooker Sundays, so he walks around his house and presumably someone else films him because he's certainly not holding a phone and he is certainly not standing still enough and still and all he moves around alot, so he must have some kind of staff helping him out. Imagine having some kind of cell selfie self staff! That sounds pretty good actually. What would your self staff do? I’m thinking mine would probably bring me mashed potatoes pretty regularly. I'm not saying I have a limited imagination, but I really do like mashed potatoes. Like. A lot. Anyway, you can have your own self staff. This imaginary self staff is mine -- are mine? -- and I want my mashed potatoes. Anyway, the T-Mobile guy just walks around his house and talks to “us”. I suppose that I should not act like I'm not part of us, despite the confusion of the double negative embedded in that structure, but I wouldn't be there if there wasn't a good reason. People tell themselves this all the time as an excuse. Maybe every single one of the lots and lots of people watching this show is only doing research, too. Or maybe they just bought T-Mobile and they want to investigate the character of leadership they've just invested in. I don't know what people do. I can barely speak for myself. Let's just say, it's hard to imagine a lot of people tuning in regularly to watch a middle-aged man in an apron walk around his house shouting and waving his arms around, all while acting like he knows things, acting like he is engaged with customers other than just shouting, trying to pawn off swag and show off all the stuff he's got, and even slow cook. Or something like that. Honestly, in the parts where I saw, he didn't seem to be doing too much cooking. But he did seem to be slow, at least that regard, while he was certainly fast in the rest. It was hard to watch. But at least he had good energy. So, I was taking notes, and I wrote “good energy”. Okay, so maybe they were fictional notes, in that I didn't actually write them down, as such, meaning at all, but I still thought them. So, not necessarily what I want to be doing with our show, but he's really successful. Would I want to be successful because so many people are watching me to laugh at me? I really don't think so. However, the idea that a lot of people would be talking about -- please, not me, but the company, I guess - I suppose that's good. It might even be the point.

No comments: