Tuesday, November 18, 2014

18 november



One thing that’s really simple is the baking part. I mean, it’s not really all that simple, probably, but people who know me would not be surprised that I was interested in doing something that involves baking. It’s not like I’m some amazing baker or that I make flawless goodies without fail. Still, baking is something that I really like to do, something that I can offer to the people around me, and something for which I receive positive feedback. It’s not surprising at all that I’d seek out further baking opportunities. Especially within the basically unknown framework of opening a new business – which I know nothing about – and then running a coffee shop – which I know nothing about.

First of all, I like tasty food. Because I’m a human being. Also, while my metabolism may encourage me to do otherwise, I have the ability to eat basically any food without any adverse reaction. Sure, I don’t eat meat, but I’ve never had an allergic reaction to any food or beverage – lucky me! I’m truly sorry for those who have food allergies or other dietary restrictions, but I do recognize that I am fortunate in my ability to consume without restraint. Ahem. I like food. There are few things that reward as satisfyingly as delicious food. Sleep is another one of them. You can complete the list yourself.

Also, I like people to be happy. When you give people food – and, to even further improve the rate of success – when you give people baked goods, they generally react positively. Think of the number of times you’ve given someone a cookie and the person got upset with you. Really? Handing someone a cake, a cookie, a piece of something tasty – it’s probably going to go well.
Finally, positive reinforcement. People say nice things about you and your skills when you provide them with homemade baked goods. They may have generally good things to say, or they may even target something specific to address. For example, my mother has – for years – told me that I’m great at making cheesecake. Hooray for me!

No comments: