Sunday, December 8, 2013

8 december

biding our minds as the clock unwinds, we tire our cars and tickle guitars for fancy - the nannygoats nibbling nails in the screwed-up marmalade tales of vinyl-styled Sesame Street beats - the defeat of ever-after cartoons of the looney sort and the trickle-down shorts we'd rather not jest at, we confess stats are not our strongest suits - the greenest roots run deeper than the waves as we save our ketchup for the reruns - we've hung our sleep-in disregard on the lampshades while the lemonade cools down but it's two towns the richer and one town too dry as the alligators cry and the horses sign off - I've got muscle-bound daredevils carrying off my thoughts - I'd have bought enough for all of us but thought I'd be at home - I'd have tried to keep the chimney shut but slipped and slept instead

No comments: