Tuesday, December 10, 2013

10 december



Thought I was looking the other way, but I staged that play to mean what I would have said – too late to have read the message on the board I’d stored in case of disaster, I ran a little faster out of time (too easy for the rhyme, too wicked for the world) with the east coming slower and the rest a half-beat off: two coughs means disaster and a window lit means peace, so there’s rising means for markets and a lower cost for yeast! Let us go now as the birthdays close, even as the pillows fall, even as the shadows quake for citizens to take their turns, blowing on the dark – wait for dreams to fall apart, wait for stockings still to rise, wait for chimneys after fire underneath the roof to grow. We are logic made of sense, we are answers in our time. We are waiting for the light to climb into the sky and shine. Missing the beat I skip ahead – listing to the left and straddling too many bridges beyond my limit (as if there was) (were) (could be) – I am an eventual orphan, a mutant, a sacrilegious militant of absolute empirical waste. We are the land and we believe we see the sea! The sky! The closer sun to set! Bet upon the moon to roll, crops to grow and fields to sow with sour grapes (easy mistakes and harder to swallow) – marshmallow dandelions toasted by the sun, exploding into disregarded hope and alabaster shock – this is the light fantastic, blow into a thousand surprises. We are amazed by the what and the whyhow – we are alarmed by the quiet of the deep. Where are the secrets of the tires, whistled to the passing and the else – where are the limits of horizons, where are my feet when I sleep? Listen as the wonder goes, listen as I close my else. I am as my fingers are moving, I am as you hear me, see the whatelse that we wonder. This is as the going on continues, this is as the slide picks up on the sidewalk and you lift and look through projections: as the next comes up as the next goes down, this is what we see, this is the narration, call it what you what, no senseless hesitation, filling up the cart with curious creation

No comments: