Wednesday, December 11, 2013

11 december

Square like a knot I caught my breath and hemmed the haw - called like a bird I heard in an alleyway I crept past the nightingale and hailed like a merry-go-round down the round rugged rocks like a ragged rascal running faster than disaster -- I am wearing the wrong coat and this is the dream where there's no remote much less control (who is the one who wanted a TV? who is the one with the heebies and the jeebies?). We are the enemies of our own estate, we are the subjects of tired old debates in which no one wins, everyone spins out of control and the locusts out of focus are their own worst enemies - hazy in the breeze and the childish appetites for the darkest clocks of night while my batteries reset (though it's anybody's bet why the wall hands never match and the time can never catch (up) with the loving (cup) full over merry rover go-rounds/ oh, we've been and back again -- let's have that conversation once/ let me tell you I picked that up and knew it was for you at once/ let me say there was no question/ let me say the fifth dimension/ I would like to learn more about the special features but wait there's more but wait but wait and also I'm tired of nope that was a hiccup never a run-on sentence that we can't catch and latch and giddyup ahead! Where were we? Still standing still and back again but I could ride that smile til the cows come home and my hair's so straight there's a market for parkas if you know what I mean and I'm sure you do if that tone of mind is any indication -- there's a whole league of nations based on those kinds of accords -- houses of lords and other coats of arms not withstanding. Cases rest! Easy best! Play that rattletrap beat and I will listen and sing along --

No comments: