Thursday, October 27, 2011

justwrite 27 october

fell in love on the bus today this happens sometimes and it doesn’t take much a pleasing profile viewed from the right side and a closelook as I smile out the window I am pleased with this sideby something as we go merrily along there’s no need to say anything just a wide wonder and nodding with the road bumping along alone together but the clincher is when a lady with a stroller is getting off and he jumps up to help her lift it down and out carefully to the sidewalk a quiet champion sits back down an unassuming hero and I nod and smile on the outside too but not in any direction he hears my English phone call and closelooks again but what can I say and so I think about staying on the bus another stop or so plan my route home with a longer walk just to sit pleasantly a little longer to avoid being the one to walk away and I think of a different grocery store the chance for secondhand and he shows no sign of going anywhere so I wait in pleasant silence riding along but then it’s my stop and may i? I ask and he jumps up and yes yes I may though I wonder if I wish he had said no and how would the rest of the ride have gone but I never even saw the left side of his face this happens sometimes

No comments: