Tuesday, October 25, 2011

justwrite 25 october

Freshtossed and unflossed from behind eyeteeth I see something with parts to unfold if I hold it too close it’ll roast and not in the frenchpressable way but to say what I want I mean to think aloud that I have crowding ideas and this one I’ve pulled out is no doubt lovely if I shove it into the spotlight perhaps delight will result but the tumult of teasing something into reality has the potential to unravel its beauty and now of all moments is hardly the time I’d rather untwine my fingers from each other their tight-held nails tapping down the days I’m staying ready but ahead of the clock and behind the curve I’d rather deserve an on-time delivery but these aren’t easy to achieve it’s soon to be November and if you’ll be so kind as to remember this is a big month this is a dumping ground for ideas surrounding October and all the rest those months spent accumulating and sorting funnel down to October night before November day we’ll say it’ll work out and I’ll push aside doubts of my friends and pretend confidence we’re meant to do this we’re sent to prove this is possible and by we I mean me and by possible I mean perhaps definite and I jot down pieces of play afraid to worry them with my fingers or thoughts afraid to have caught too much too early and if I hurry through these next days without passing through some other phase then I’ll arrive at November with a pocket full of scraps and my hat in my hand which will be something to see since my hats are all winter and my scraps are all splintered just don’t lean out too many windows every time the wind blows stick out your tongue for a temperature taste and make notes in a haste then set them aside if something’s implied it may be inferred later who will have heard state your claim when you name it stay the same just to frame it seems utterly absurd but the word’s not yet go so we’ll wait before we sow

No comments: