Monday, February 28, 2011

justwrite 28 february

and now it’s time to sit down time to lift frowns from our leather uppers and turn aside some other cheek time to let the meek have their say but only for a little bit who knows what they’d do with it if they blew through with it we can not all get along every day every march april may we have more time in the warmer may we have more skills on the front burner and now just slowly stewing too easy to ruin real situations with vague expectations won’t you be my neighbor won’t you slowly savor thoughts having bought quite enough reality the awkwardness labeled the burn on my thumb from where the pan jammed the oven all that shoving and no cookies we’ve booked a pleasing stay at a different stage and I think you’ll be amazed how it all plays out as for me I have some doubts but these are nonrefundable we have treasure but it’s not plunderable I am wondering where the flowers have gone but it’s too cold for them to have a turn it’s too tiring to burn all those bridges so looking off over the blue ridges we are thinking of other mountains we are drinking from other fountains and we are waiting for words that just might be delivered we shiver as we wonder how to respond what swimming will do for such a mindstream flailing through a daydream the kind that doesn’t burn cookies but wait it’s my turn to go and I’m waiting for time to read the next book to turn off the textbook and find something novel it’s an idea it’s what I’d right a story about a book perhaps and as space collapses it might have been a poem but there’s no knowing them once they appear you need to clear a landing space and be ready to embrace the idea with open arms and this is some kind of advice which is nice to give others but to myself it seems vague

No comments: