Sunday, February 20, 2011

justwrite 20 february

listening to words half-heard and all said fed through a different tongue swallowed like old photos on a table translated through carbon-dated friendships remember when and send and receive there are leaves in the table and they fall and rise again we are getting things done but where are we getting where are we sitting and if we listen closely will we understand most or more and how will we know when the change happens will I dream in another language there is too much baggage to carry along and when I set something aside it hides and waits for the right moment I’m not a proponent of worrying but I’m hurrying away from the practice so slowly there’s responsibility and there’s a tendency a proclivity if you will for me to drink my fill of guilty interpretation we have eaten all those pancakes ourselves and we don’t need one more afternoon to sit and sit and when I say we I mean me but sometimes often and then once I walked down the street of a different down and the ice was so thick the people were like ships in this new song and the coveralls the Mexican coffee and a preponderance of other details made it seem almost real but then I closed my eyes on a bus and I woke up without having been asleep and it was as though I’d never left because I hadn’t it was as though the snow had changed its mind had left behind its plans a season early but what and how to keep track how to relax to counteract to retract to catch and release and other words my fingers are locked and it’s not the clock that’s looking I will be your penpal I will hang your address on the wall I will not call you unless and no one will guess this is not a situation worth recounting nothing amounting to peanuts slipped into trailmix a quickfix and a faster tempo all I meant to say switched off to a folk dance a chance encounter with fir trees and women selling their husbands at the bazaar this time it’s green rye and nice guests we all take our turns nah nah nah naahhing it’s the right thing to do it’s the cheapest that’s true and when I remember the one about making vareneky I’ll put that one down too but it’s been proven once again I can’t listen to music and write about anything else at the same time let’s see there was popcorn and that dropped another norm into place looking around this space and inventorying that’s enough storying for this effort better luck next text

No comments: