Saturday, November 27, 2010

justwrite 27 november

and what I think of saying is hey I’m still around and I guess you are too but not here and not clearly within reach but that’s fine and there are no peaches on these trees nothing breezy left to blow nothing I wanted to say but oh well and that’s too bad it’s kind of sad to see that you’re still alive but what kind of thing would that be to say would I rather pay off someone to erase those pages from my memory is there any eternal sunshine possible for such a spotty mind I can’t rewind and there’s no need to remind myself there’s a different shelf to search from a hum-drum collection of rejections to look over but there are clovers too although these are truly hidden under the snow now and oh how carefully I walk home alone in the dark there are puddles that are slush in much the same way they had other intentions earlier there are blurrier views now and the truth southways would be warmer but honestly there are no dormer windows on this blueprint just have to keep on just have to sing songs of a new design too fine to magnify tomorrow I will wake up earlier I will have vitamin c to be less scurvier but I will not walk up those steps that’s a trap that’s a crap shoot and I’m in no such cahoots that I need to break a leg in conspiratorial solidarity compare the free and the costly I know what I would choose and it’s no use to pretend to defend such habits if she had any rabbits she would kill and eat them and if I had your number I would easily defeat them all in stopping calls or forwarding all thataway and you say it’s still the same one I knew the same clues you’re laying out are the ones I remember well between now and never I am trying to forget them I am chewing on the same gum and looking out the window remembering and turning away turning off scoffing at hope of that sort and purporting to believe in a different sort of style oh of course I say that’s how I thought I’d play it and the tray it fills with ice cubes and the words are ones we can’t use just yet but I can play that game without keeping score I can buy what I need without going to the store just a few more sips and a lunar eclipse ought to even things up I will lift my cup and toast to the moon soon enough it will be full again soon enough the night will be bright enough with snow to light the paths as we go our own ways

No comments: